Debbie and Tony Fogg and their Aerial Views!

Debbie and Tony Fogg and their Aerial Views!

Debbie and Tony Fogg have an unusual way of looking at Fleetwood – from the air!

When we heard they had a light aircraft and could give us a different view of the Port you can imagine that we were keen to find out what, why and how…

Debbie told us “Tony, my husband, built his latest plane [G-TFOG] in 2006. It’s hangared at a farm at Cockerham and is an ideal base for the Lake District and Wales.

“We take friends for a buzz round and the first question is always ‘can we fly over my house?’ I must admit it is a different view and they get quite excited.

“The lowest we can fly is about 500ft. Tony flies allover the country and usually takes a pal with him whilst I see to my other love which is my horses, but just lately Iv’e been going up in the air more.

“It’s not an expensive hobby once you’ve qualified and purchased your plane and the running costs are less than running your average car. Tony flies himself to the Isle of Man each year to watch the TT’s and the cost is less than fifty pounds.”

A huge thank you to Tony and Debbie for letting us share these photos with you – they’re all the ones they have been taken from the air. Enjoy!

This weekend (Saturday 5th July 2014) on the beach at Knott End (weather permitting), there will be a big fly-in in aid of The Lancashire Fusiliers. It’s called Lancashire Landings, where you’ll see loads of aircraft. This event happens each year but the dates are flexible because of weather conditions.

Aerial view of Fleetwood

Aerial view of Fleetwood

Aerial view of Fleetwood

Aerial view of Fleetwood

Aerial view of Fleetwood

Aerial view of Fleetwood

Aerial view of Fleetwood

Aerial view of Fleetwood

Aerial view of Fleetwood

Aerial view of Fleetwood

Aerial view of Fleetwood

Aerial view of Fleetwood